Retirement schemes have become an important element of investment planning and Malta provides the ideal solution for the setup of international pension pooling vehicles for high-net-worth individuals, international workers planning for retirement or international corporations seeking to establish and administer pension schemes for their staff.
The creation of international pensions plans in Malta became a possibility fairly recently, as pension provision has traditionally been considered from a purely domestic perspective; however, the increasing mobility of both people and companies has facilitated this paradigm shift.
- Benefits of Pensions and Retirement Schemes in Malta:
- Retirement schemes and their administrators are licensed and fully regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA).
- Thanks to Malta’s EU membership, companies established in other EU member states can sponsor occupational schemes established in Malta.
- Fees for the administration and management of the scheme are comparatively lower than in other jurisdictions.
- A strong regulatory framework and the MFSA ensure the integrity of the plan and peace of mind for the scheme’s members.
- Legislation allows for a number of customised structures that suit the requirements of individuals or international businesses.
- Malta satisfies the current HMRC requirements, enabling Malta retirement schemes to self-certify in terms of the UK’s QROPS legalisation.